Greetings Workshop Attendees and Friends,
Here is the bibliography for the Introduction to Celtic Languages workshop:
- Ball, M. J., & Müller, N. (2009). The Celtic languages. New York, NY: Routledge.
- O'Rahilly, T. F. (1936). The Goidels and their predecessors. The Sir John Rhys memorial lecture, British Academy, 1935. London: H. Milford.
- O'Rahilly, T. F. (1972). Irish dialects past and present.
- O'Rahilly, T. F. (1946). Early Irish history and mythology. Dublin: Dublin Institute for Advanced Studies.
- Russell, P. (1995). An introduction to the Celtic languages. Longman linguistics library. London: Longman.
In addition, here is a list of web site links to various articles of interest mentioned in the Introduction to Celtic Languages workshop. These will open in a new window.
- The history of Welsh
- Welsh today
- BBC Cymru
- Cymdeithas Madog
- The Independent UK: Cornish language declared extinct by UN
- The Independent UK: Tongue in cheek
- Telegraph UK: Cornish language makes a comeback
- Radyo an Gernewegva
- The Cornish Language Fellowship
- Cornish Language Partnership
- Breton – an endangered language of Europe
Ofis ar Brezhoneg celebrates 10 yearsThis article is no longer available online.
- Ofis ar Brezhoneg
- Irish Gaelic Dialects
- Cá Bhfuil Na Gaeilg eoirí?
- Rural Irish Speakers Fight Influx of English
- Foras na Gaeilge
- Oideas Gael
- Daltaí na Gaeilge
Gaelic TodayThis article is no longer available online.
- Bòrd na Gàidhlig
- Sabhal Mòr Ostaig
- Cholaisde Ghàidhlig (Cape Breton)
- An Chomuinn Ghàidhealaich Ameireaganaich
- Manx (Gaelg/Gailck)
- Bunscoill Ghaelgagh
- Manx language extinct, says UNESCO!
- UNESCO in firing line from Manx-speaking schoolchildren
- Manx language is very much alive
- The revival of Manx Gaelic
- Learn Manx
Here is a list of bodhrán drumming resources. These will also open in a new window.
Here are the transcripts and handouts I provided in the Introduction to Celtic Languages and Bodhrán Drumming workshops. To download the item(s) of your choice, right click on them and choose 'Save As'. On further consideration, I have decided to remove the MP3s of music examples used in the workshop, since these are copyrighted to the individual artists who created them. However, here is a list of the titles:
- Hithergreen Reel-Fannigan's Isle-The Orange and the Green-1995
- Glory Reel/The Heathery Cruach-Altan-Island Angel-1993
- Skyline Jig-The Chieftains-The Bells of Dublin-1991
- The Ballerina Jig-Solas-Waiting for an Echo-2005